Dad’s 70th birthday.
Opened today in Lichfield Street – across the road from the Bus Interchange – Fresh Choice City Market. I’ve been watching this progress, so it’s very cool to see it opened.
Points of note from a quick pre-work visit:
- It looks fantastic – shows off the stock beautifully
- Yummy stands of Breads of Europe breads and danishes
- Stocks my favourite wine Terrace Edge Liquid Geography
- Has food from great suppliers like Simo, Theos, Jaime Les Marcarons. and Peter Timbs
- Lovely salads in the deli
- Nice big tables about the place
- Looks like there will be foody events
- Heritage photos showing Market Place and old supermarkets
- Staff very friendly and excited
Deadly Ponies is doing a My Little Pony collaboration. Here on the doors of the Contemporary Lounge of Ballanytnes is Twilight Sparkle and Shadow (who has a Deadly Ponies cutie mark).
Deadly Ponies is also doing some Phantom Billstickers ads – you can come along and peel off a Shadow and take her away! So far I’ve only found shadows of Shadow …
Tuam Street – The Lawrie and Wilson signage and ornamentation always looks particularly good on a sunny day.
Yesterday I took a photo of this hard to capture ghost sign on St Asaph Street.
Another favourite is this modestly elegant statement on Welles Street.
Matuku Takotako: Sumner Centre – library, museum, and community space – opening to the public Saturday 19 August. Sumner has had a mobile library service for the last six years.
Photos taken on the day before opening.