The Newstalk ZB Building – before its controlled implosion.
Yarn bombing in Latimer Square.
Beautiful rubbish on a demolition site.
I think this was my first spotting of the magic of Mike Hewson’s work on Cranmer Court.
There was snow. And more snow.
Walking to work let me see some beautiful morning city skies. Light, and colour, and silhouettes of buildings in their last days.
Another rubbled sign.
Westpac Tower and Holiday Inn, both now gone – but here they are bathed in golden light.
Gloucester Street reopened on the evening of 15 June. I walked past work. The street was almost unbearably sad, and the night was cold and wet.
Book love. Hans Christian Andersen illustrated by Jiri Trnka.
Deans book of fairy tales illustrated by Janet and Anne Grahame Johnstone.
Strange stories, amazing facts.
The Edgeware Super Value with its Kia Kaha sign.
This shop display had me flummoxed.
One of my favourite Christchurch signs. Welder on Welles Street.
The arrival of Michael Parekowhai’s On first looking into Homer … The bulls arrive.
“On Peterborough Street, the houses are wonky …”
- More June photos
- Michael Jackson, cheezels & the Crowne Plaza – 2012 in pictures: January
- Ronnie van Hout, Earthquake anniversary, & the hellraiser heart of Christchurch – 2012 in pictures: February
- Dirty demolitions – 2012 in pictures: March
- From lingerie to Gerry Brownlee – 2012 in pictures: April
- Dummies, dandys, and things left behind – 2012 in pictures: May